Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Friend Day at the Farrell House

Mike was out of town for some school training, so I told the kids that they could have a friend over.  You may say, why didn't you let a couple each day have someone over so there aren't so many kids."  I thought of that and decided, if they each have a friend over on the same day then they won't be bugging the person who has a friend over and making them upset.  It WORKED!!!!  I had 11 kids at my house that day and it was soooo nice.  The kids each played with their friend and there was no arguing or fighting.  They played in their rooms, played games, played the Wii, went outside, and had lunch.  It was a great day!  I am putting a picture of each of the kids and their friend.
Megan and her friend Kayla
Austin and his friend Noah
Emily and her friend Sarai
Elizabeth and her friend Xochilt
Joshie and his friend/cousin Timothy
 I added a couple of extra pictures because it was also the day of Nathans birthday and the picture of him was just too cute to pass up and then after all the kids had gone, the older three went out front to ride their bikes and a boy down the street let them ride his mini go-kart without them asking me first.  Emily took a spill and got her hand caught under the tire and got 3rd degree burns on the inside of her wrist.  Quite an eventful day and Mike was  out of town.  Isnt' that the way it always is?  That emergencies happen when the husband is gone.  Praise the Lord I didn't have to take her to the ER.  She could have gotten hurt much worse.  God was looking out for her.  She said. "I didn't know that you had to slow down to turn."  Oh help, I hope that she learns that before she starts to drive a car. :) 
Nathan is 1
Her arm and the other side of her hand was really bruised too.  Yucky!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing about your friend day. Sounds like fun! I love the idea of having them all over at once so nobody has to bug each other. By the way, Megan wins the prize for being the only one of your kids who was taller than her friend. And Josh and Timothy sure do look like mischief in the making! Great picture of Nathan. I'm sure Seth would love to be his friend.

    Sorry to hear about Elizabeth's wrist. We will pray that she heals quickly. And tell her not to ask to drive MY car anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete